I was watching the F.R.I.E.N.D.S. rerun and apparently, they were 25/26 then!!! Since I’m about to say goodbye to the age 25, I began to wonder what I’ve accomplished, what I’ve done on my first quarter century on Earth. So let’s go do a list!
- Learned a language. I’ve learned the basics of Japanese. Just the basics. But I went to Japan and was able to converse with the people there in pure Japanese (as a tourist) so I guess that’s semi-good enough? This brings me to my next item:
- Went to Japan. If there’s one country, one place in the world you want to visit, what is it? That’s Japan for me. So yes, big accomplishment.
- Learned how to ride a bike. I can only ride a straight, flat line and do really slow turns, but hey, that’s something.
- Hiked more than a dozen mountains. Mountaineering for me is conquering myself, moving past my limits, and seeing the world in a different perspective.
- Traveled abroad on my own. Cambodia and Vietnam are filled with backpackers. I’ve met all sorts of people, and I think I’ll be doing this for the rest of my 20’s.
- Tried a martial art – Muay Thai for me. Just a couple of months though.
- Worked my dream job – fresh out of graduation! My dream job was to be an auditor in a specific firm and…
- Left my dream job – well… apparently it’s not for me.
- I wanna say fell in love, but unfortunately that hasn’t happened yet. So let’s put – ran 10km. Yes, I know for some people this is a minor feat, but for a lazy bum like me this is already a big deal. I’m training for my first 21km run now, and hope for the best!
- Lived alone – I’ve learned that I enjoy my own company, and it’s saddening that a lot of people don’t (enjoy my company? :p) It’s saddening that a lot of people feel loneliness when they are alone.