A mini-Mt. Tapulao with its looooong rough roads, Mt. Marami is the sister of Mt. Pico de Loro and a far less crowded, and hotter, alternative.
How to get there
- At Coastal Terminal, look for a bus going to Naic. (PHP60?)
- Take the jeepney going to Magallanes. (PHP30ish?). I think the first trip is around 6:30am.
- Take the tricycle to jump off (PHP60 per trip?)
- To go back, take the tricycle and ask them to drop you off where you can catch a bus to the metro.
Guide fee: PHP500 if I remember correctly. This was around May, 2016.
The fun part was our guide had a dog – and when me and my three friends managed to split into two groups, the dog also went with the other group as guide! What an amazing friend to humans.
- It’s hot. Be prepared.
- There are at least three buko stops at PHP20 per fresh buko. So just bring around 1-2L of water.
- If going on a day hike, be conscious of time. Else, bring a headlamp with you. (transpo back might also be difficult).