In the penta-logy of mountains in Barangay Wawa, the smallest with least technicality is Mt. Binacayan, so I dub it the Baby of Rodriguez, Rizal.
The technicalities for Mt. Binacayan is the same for the rest of the mountains in Rodriguez, Rizal.
How to get there
- Go to Jollibee below MRT Cubao, Quezon City.
- Ride the FX going to Rodriguez Rizal. (PHP50 per head) This takes less than an hour.
- At the end of trip, take a tricycle going to Brgy Wawa (PHP60 per trip). That’s your jump off.
Guide fee – PHP500 per mountain
- Bring gloves. Some rocks are sharp.
- No need to bring lunch – the mountain takes only half a day and you can eat at jump off point. But bring trail food.
- Do a twin hike from Mt. Pamitinan to Mt. Hapunang Banoi – they share 30-50% of the trail.
- Be prepared for crowds.
- The trail is fairly rocky, with few trees to protect you from the sun. Prepare accordingly.
- The sharpest rocks are here! Wear study shoes. These rocks also turn into a slide when wet. Again, prepare accordingly.