There’s mud, big rocks, sharp rocks, bamboo forests, wall climbing – you name it, it seems Mt. Pamitinan has it. I’ve been going back to the mountains of Brgy Wawa first for Mt. Binacayan, then Mt. Pamitinan and lately Mt. Hapunang Banoi (yeah, I did them all separately)
How to get there
- Go to Jollibee below MRT Cubao, Quezon City.
- Ride the FX going to Rodriguez Rizal. (PHP50 per head) This takes less than an hour.
- At the end of trip, take a tricycle going to Brgy Wawa (PHP60 per trip). That’s your jump off.
Guide fee – PHP500 per mountain
- Bring gloves. Some rocks are sharp.
- No need to bring lunch – the mountain takes only half a day and you can eat at jump off point. But bring trail food.
- Do a twin hike from Mt. Pamitinan to Mt. Hapunang Banoi – they share 30-50% of the trail.
- Be prepared for crowds.
Sorry no pictures. I’ve got hundreds of them but none without me or my friends. >.<
This is the mountain I recommend for first time hikers – if this mountain does not make you fall in love with hiking, few others will.