JP Post, the biggest bank in Japan, the country of innovation, now allows online banking.
But only in Japanese. So just consider this a picture matching challenge, and match the Japanese characters below with the steps.
So for those who would love to try this latest technology, here’s how to sign up.
- Go to https://www.jp-bank.japanpost.jp/direct/pc/dr_pc_index.html
- Under ”初めてのお客様”, click ”ゆうちょダイレクトのお申込み（無料)”
- Under “WEBかんたん利用申し込み”, look for the green button that says “お手続きはこちら”. Click that button.
- A new window will pop out. It basically says you need your passbook details with you.
- Scroll down, and look for this button “新規登録に進む”. Click.
- Time to fill up details.
- 記号番号: Check your passbook, it’s in the upper left of the first page.
- 氏名: Try to figure out a way to type your name the same way it is on the first page of your passbook. If you don’t have Japanese in your keyboard, google will help.
- 生年月日: Birthday. Follow Gregorian calendar. If it is July 6, 1975, type 1975 – 07 – 06.
- 連絡先電話番号: Telephone number
- メールアドレス: email address
- メールアドレス（確認用) : type your address again
- １日の送金限度額: set the daily limit you want in terms of sending money. Highest is 10 million yen. What you will type is in tens of thousands. So if you type is 1, it will be JPY10,000.
- Click “次へ”
Now the website does not allow me to move forward unless I fill up the details which I’m too lazy to do so for now. So just in case somebody actually is referring to this blog article, please comment and let me know and I’ll finish it haha.
- At one screen, they will ask for the latest balance as shown in your passbook. So have your passbook ready.
- They will snail mail it to you, so make sure that your address at the bank is updated.